Educational Faciliators, Counsellors, Self employed individuals and Trust and Charity Staff and Volunteers
This a two-day course that will provide you with the knowledge and the endorsed resources to enable you to deliver one off suicide prevention workshops, or an extended training programme that you can tailor to meet your group’s needs.
We will provide you with underpinning suicide prevention knowledge as well as the skills to teach a five-step model to preventing suicide. You will learn how to facilitate suicide prevention training introductory workshops and suicide prevention advanced learning programmes.
On completion you will not only become part of a growing network of like-minded facilitators but you will also be joining us in our movement to rebuild lives through connection.
Let’s prevent death by suicide together and together, let’s promote a life worth living.
By the end of this course learners will have:
- Knowledge of trauma informed theory and approaches and how these impact learning environments and the role of an educator
- Confidence in delivering Connections three programme and workshops; Link Life, Transform Life, Help Life
- Practical Experience of planning and facilitating Connections suicide prevention workshops
- Tools for engaging learners and for delivering Connections programmes and workshops
- Materials for delivering Connections programmes and workshops
- Connectivity to a growing network of like-minded facilitators throughout Northern Ireland
There is no formal assessment during the two-day training. However, on completion of the two-day training Candidates wishing to deliver Connections programmes and need to complete the training pathway to progress toward the full endorsement and recognition of becoming a Connections Licensee.