Course Name: Connections Suicide Awareness
Duration: 1.5 – 2.5 hours
This bitesize awareness course is aimed at anyone in the community who would like to talk about ‘The Elephant in the Room’.
This course will give you confidence to help and teach easy to follow practical steps so that you can help people in your workplace, family, group, or community who may be in emotional distress or having thoughts of suicide get the help and support they need to keep themselves safe.
Participants leave with:
- An awareness of the community health problem of suicide and the myths and stigma around emotional health and suicide
- Practical ideas of what communities, workplaces, group, and families can do to encourage help seeking
- Easy to remember steps which helpers use to help reduce overwhelm and save lives.
- Knowledge of key community support resources and signposting agencies
- An awareness of the importance of taking personal wellbeing steps
This bitesize awareness course is aimed at anyone in the community including workplaces, churches, clubs, and groups and others. It will be of interest to anyone who would like to begin to talk about emotional distress and suicide and receive easy to remember guidance including practical steps that they can take to help increase safety from suicide and reduce emotional distress. Participants must be aged 15 years or older.
Contact Fresh Minds Education.
Tel: 028 94022242 (leave a message)
Fresh Minds Education
Unit 5 Antrim Enterprise Park
58 Greystone Road
For more information or a booking form click on the buttons or scan the QR Codes